Best of Gaming at CES 2011

DJMAC

$~____~$™
From the blindside by Razer's handheld gaming laptop to the inevitable Intel Sandy Bridge processor updates, CES 2011 had a wide array of gaming goodies to offer techies. While there was a never-ending stream of tablets, both Android and Windows, this sea of predictable tech was highlighted with gaming peripherals, PCs, consoles to come, and rumors for the future.
Out of all of these gadgets, the Razer Switchblade has to be the most exciting. It has a tactile keyboard that changes to suite what game you're playing and a touchscreen to boot. While the company was originally known for its gaming peripherals, one would be skeptical of this device ever coming out of the "concept design" phase, but I think Razer has the engineers, businessmen, and enthusiasm to make it happen. I'm curious as to what kind of games an Intel Atom processor can manage (other than WoW) and what kind of chipset will be coupled with the laptop. My main concern, however, is that the only interest this product will garner is from a small hardcore crowd, which would give the Switchblade a short shelf life. Otherwise, this laptop has a lot of potential to breathe new life into PC gaming.
The below slideshow rounds up all the best gaming hardware-related announcements and goodies from CES 2011 to look forward to in this new year.
View Slideshow See all (10) slides

01468i28561500-1.jpg

01468i28566400-1.jpg

01468i28508200-1.jpg

01468i28509200-1.jpg

More