Apple releases patch for graphics issues on your new MacBook

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP

If you have been waiting patiently for Apple to upgrade the aging hardware on its Pro notebooks, you are no doubt delighted with the all-new Core i5/Core i7 MacBook Pro lineup. However, some fans who’ve purchased a shiny new MacBook Pro almost suffered a cardiac arrest discovering that the latest and greatest hardware runs their games slower than the previous generation.
Luckily, there’s a patch for that. Apple has issued a software update earlier this morning that addresses various performance issues related to MacBook Pros’ graphics subsystem. From Apple’s support document describing the 258.32 MacBook Pro Software Update 1.3 download:
This update is recommended for all 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro mid 2010 models and contains improvements for graphics stability for high-performance video and gaming applications as well as various bug fixes.

Yesterday’s update has finally brought Apple’s pro notebooks on par with the rest of the industry. All MacBook Pros are now fitted with the latest Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i5, or Core i7 CPU, depending on the model. All 15-inch models and the flagship 17-incher feature Apple’s graphics switching technology that automatically utilizes either the energy efficient integrated Intel HD graphics or Nvidia’s high-performance discreet GeForce GT 330M GPU, depending on the task at hand, without requiring you to reboot or manually switch between the two GPUs.
Other features include longer-lasting battery with up to 10 hours of juice, an SD card slot and 4GB RAM standard on all models, better SSD options, and more.