32 inch LED TV ?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
32 Inch vich kehda Led TV wadhiya ? budget is 50k-60k

what are the things to consider when buying a lcd/led tv ?

ipodouch

LED is a type of LCD. It vastly improves blacks, colors, and contrast for LCD. But it still suffers from motion blur problems. So you need one that is 120Hz or 240Hz refresh rate. The combination of LED and the refresh rate will cost you a LOT.

DLP is a great price option for large sets, but its a dying technology. Only Mitsubishi is still developing sets. Everyone else has walked away. Also, while the overall set is super reliable, you have to constantly replace the bulbs. The bulbs have a life of 1-4 years (depending on bulb and how much TV you watch). You can change them yourself, its easy. But its not cheap. A new bulb is $200-$250 at least. Its got great image quality though (just below plasma) if you're willing to deal with the long term bulb purchases.

LCD vs Plasma

LCD - is the everyman HDTV. It is cost effective, hence its popularity. It is also physically lighter than Plasma. It tends to draw less power than Plasmas as well (though good Plasmas are now competing with LCDs). It has a matte finish so is useful for rooms that have too much ambient light which can not be controlled. LCD whites are a bit brighter than Plasma whites (but how often do you crank your brightness to 100%). LCDs are considered better for gaming (but I don't think you'd be disappointed with gaming on a modern Plasma). LCDs are sharper in SD (think evening news instead of film); this isn't a good vs bad, its just a personal preference thing. LCDs also have a bit more muted colors; again this isn't good vs bad, its purely personal preference.

LCD technology has problems with fast motion though. That is why you see ones advertised with 120Hz or 240Hz refresh rates (100Hz and 200Hz in Europe). This does not come close to Plasma though. So they aren't as good for fast motion (sports and movies). The 240Hz ones are making good strides, but right now you're paying a HUGE premium for it.

LCDs are also not as strong with their ability to reproduce true blacks. Their blacks tend to be a bit grey and not a true black. LCDs with LED backlighting are coming out now though. These are finally starting to bring LCDs to the Plasma level in terms of blacks. However, like the 240Hz refresh rate, you must pay a large premium for this feature at the current time.

Plasma - they have better blacks (true black), contrast (greater ranges in blacks/whites so you get greys instead of clumps of black and white), and motion playback (their refresh rate is near instantaneous much like old CRTs were). Their overall image quality is better than that of an LCD. While prices on them are constantly dropping, they do demand a slight premium over LCDs of a similar category. The colors in Plasmas tend to have more "pop" to them; this isn't a good vs bad thing, its just personal preference. Also for SD viewing they are a bit "softer" (think more like film less like the evening news). This isn't a good vs bad thing, its personal preference. Most plasma owners get used to it and don't mind it.

Plasma's are glass though so are glossy. They can have reflection issues if you are in a room with lots of light that you can't control (you can't turn off the lights and you don't own any blinds). And good Plasma care would require you condition them. But its fairly simple to do. All you have to do is keep the brightness and contrast (picture) settings cranked way down for the first 100-200 hours, then optimize, and you'll have an amazing TV experience.

pps309

Prime VIP
Do take care of 3 important things, and bigger number is better :)
1) Pixel Resolution, last time when i bought 1080p was the highest.
2) Contrast ratio, 2,00,000:1 is better than 1,00,000:1
3) Refresh rate, same thing bigger is better. 120 is better then 60.

3 things to consider....

1. Full HD - 1080p is the word you are looking for. Just ask them. Full Hd a? Vaisey mostly tv tah hun full HD hi aundey a par it doesnt hurt to ask.

2.Response times - The lower the better. This is important if you game a lot like i do. It means how quickly the pixel on the screen refreshes when the color changes. The 40 inch entry level sony that i bought has a 0.8 ms response time. Anything under .10 is fine because your eyes can't tell the difference under that.

3.Refresh rate - The higher the better. Lcd's suffer from motion lag sometimes during fast action hd movies but Sony that i bought it has a refresh rate of only 60 hz but i have never seen that problem yet in games or bluerays(jihnia 2, 4 meh dekhian haley). It has a 24p cinema feature that take cares of it.

Tey Sony's ch Ambient sensor lagea. Jad room di light ghar vadh hundi a apey picture adjust kar dinda.

Lastly I would reccomend dont buy a Plasma. Even though Lcd would never be able to match the color of a Plasma it has fewer problems then Plasma if any. Plasma are prone to burn it. Jeh ik image ghantey 2 ghantey pause kiti reh gai
burn in ho jandi a screen tey. Plus the screen is very reflective.

In your budget, I would recomment to you Sony Bravia ex400. Picture quality is exceptional. Rivals many of the top quality tv sets. Price is only 54000 at the 17 sector Sony Store.(Gurchi wala) Kehndey 64000 c par ohna nu keho discount karo fir aundey a line tey..lol

However Samsung walean da ik faida ohdey ch usb cho jehra marji video format play kar lao ehdey ch sirf mpeg hunda. Baki jiddah upar jaongey ohney features extra v vadh dey jaan gey but i think for your price range this is the best. Samsung might be a tad cheaper and may have extra usb playing formats but Sony blows it out of the water in terms of quality.

And dont forgot to buy a HD dish box and a Sony 600 watts or 850 watts Hometheatre. Jeh tv naal laongey tah 600 watts wala 10000 da dindey a instead of 12000 da.

Baki go for 40 inches bro.....I am sure you wont be dissapointed.

http://www.sony.co.in/product/klv-40ex400

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Bravia 40" EX400 wadhiya deal lagdi lcd layi or 32" EX600 je Led layi.

vaise how is LG ? features and specifications are better then sony/samsung for similar prices.

ipodouch

vaise how is LG ? features and specifications are better then sony/samsung for similar prices.

get a bravia...can't go wrong with sony :D....btw my bro has a bravia 50", picture is crisp like day 1 :so

pps309

Prime VIP

22 LG/Toshiba tv saste hunde aa par there is no match with Sony or Samsung. They are first and leader in this technology LCD/LED, Sony/Samsung ne jinne bugs fix karte hone aa LG might be discovering them in future.

^^Btw if you want links for any blue ray title let me know:)

Some suggestions...

1.Dark Night (looks amazing in 1080p)
2.Avatar
3. Black hawk down(second best war movie ever made if you are into war movies.)