Water Drop Tutorial

MAVERICK

Start by finding a good picture of something, I choose a leaf close up to create the water drop on. Now as shown in the image below create a new layer above the other and make a circle selection.

Then choose the gradient tool and drag inside the selection from a black gradiant to grey. Then in the layers panel choose the blending mode Overlay.

Now go to the layer styles panel and give the water drop a drop shadow, inner shadow and inner glow, all three is shown below.

While still having the water drop layer selected go to the top menu -> filters -> blur -> gaussian blur, with an amount of about 1,3. this will soften some edges.

Now create a new layer above the water drop and choose your brush tool with a size of about 20 (depends on the size of your water drop of cause) and put in a white dot as I did in the image below, and give it a gaussian blur as you just did before.)

You can leave it at that and you have a nice realistic water drop effect, but I took it a step closer and gave it a more realistic shape flow. while having the water drop layer selected go to filters -> liquefy and choose the tool forward wrap tool, then drag your water drop in a direction you want it to, but be care full it at mess up your shape if you do it too much.

Now you may have to move your white dot in place again. That’s it, you’re finished, a great effect in a few small simple steps.

Kunwar :-)

vIgRe sAnT :-)
Gr8 stuff MAn..Luv it..MAin v try maari..

Attachments

• Vinca.jpg
    Vinca.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 265