Nebula Tutorial

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
In this Tutorial we will be making a really cool spacey,galactic, nebula thingy. ^^

Step1:First we take this stock image that I accidentally found on Google Images.

Step2:We need to crop it. I don't want those black lines that are at the top and bottom. So take the crop tool.

Step3:Select everything except those black lines. After you selected them right click in the selection and click crop.

Step4: Press Alt+Ctrl+C. That will open Canvas size. Change the Settings to pixels. Now Change the width to the same size as your Height. After this you should have a perfect square.

Step5:Now you take the Elliptical Marquee tool. And you try to make a perfect circle. Make sure it is equidistant from all sides and that it doesn't touch the edge AT ALL. Right Click and click layer via copy.

Step6:Now go to your layers menu and right click on your newly made circle and duplicate that circle twice. You should get something like this.

Step:Now we are going to have some fun with blending modes. Select the first Circle and change its blending mode to Difference. Then with that circle still selected click Ctrl+I , that should invert it.Then select both the second and first layer and right click then click merge layers. With that newly made circle selected click Ctrl+I again and change its blending mode to overlay. After this you should have two circles left. MERGE THEM. After all this you should have this left.

Go to Filter> Distort> Spherize...
Maker sure the amount is at 100% and that the mode is normal. Click OK.

All thats left is the lens flare. Go to Filter> Render> Lens Flare... Maker sure the Brightness is at 100% and that is at the first lens type. Click OK.

And there you go.ITS FINISHED!