Drawing realistic color portrait (Tutorial)

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
Details:
In this tutorial you will learn how to transform your photo into drawing portrait. You will create amazing effect from usual photo.

Drawingportrait-1.jpg

Here I have this picture

19-1.jpg

1.Step.And I will start by separating the THE LADY from the back ground, it`s easy to do , use the pen tool to do it.
22-2.gif

And make sure you are using the shown options

32-1.gif

and start to make a selection around the lady

41-1.gif

Here I have made the selection

5-1.gif

2.Step. As you notice that there's some errors with the hair, so we're going to exclude the background from the hair, to do that select this option for the pen tool

61-1.gif

and exclude the background

62-1.gif

3. Step. Now go to Paths window, right-click over the path you have made and select "make selection"

Make sure that you are making New selection

71-1.gif

Here you made a selection around the lady

8-1.gif

So inverse the selection to select the background, and then delete

101-1.gif

4.Step. Now convert the picture to black and white by pressing Ctrl+Shift+U
11-1.gif

then open the Levels window

12-1.gif

set the shown values or change as it fits your picture

132-1.gif

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
5. Step. After changing the level, you may get some shadowed areas, paint those areas with white

14-1.gif

this is after painting them

15-1.gif

6. Step. Now create a new layer for coloring the hair, place it over the lady's layer and make it a Clipping mask

16-1.gif

7. Step. Now for all the coloring layers use the same settings of Creating Clipping mask and Changing their mode to Darken

17-1.gif

8. Step. start coloring the hair with yellow

18-1.gif

9. Step. And in a new layer, color the face

19-1.gif

and so on for everything

20-1.gif

10. Step. And finally make a layer to make some shadows over the eyes and around the nose

21-1.gif

These are all the layers I had

22-1.gif

11. Step.Now we have to work on the background. make a new layer at the bottom and color it with any color, and then select the two colors that you want the background to be painted with them

231-1.gif

and then apply the filter Halftone pattern, from Sketch list. Use Circles as the type and set the size and contrast you want

24-1.gif

Result:

popart-1.gif