Wifi phone

dheela

Doctor
Friends, some of you might know, USA sucks when it comes to cellphone technology. The phone I have right now (Sony Ericsson w580i) is the hottest phone right now. So you can imagine advanced state of our technology.

I need your help. I am looking for a new wifi phone. I also have a work blackberry but the EDGE internet technology sucks so bad that it would take hours to open up a website and none of my phones have a wifi. Based on my research, I concluded that we do not have ANY wifi phones available in US. Cellphone companies are apparantly afraid that making wifi available would make their customers move away from EDGE for which they are charging me a lot of money. Could you please suggest:

1. What phone I should order if I plan on ordering a phone from india?
2. How much would it cost?
3. Do they quadband?

Thank you all.

dheela

Doctor
You live in India.. I assumed you would know and you would help me. I was really counting on you.

SehaJ

Troublemaker
Lol.. i m too nasty in all this stuff... i just want technology in my hand.... jo tusi suggest kerna me le lena :p

i was intrested in HTC earlier... but got a bad feedback :(

dheela

Doctor
HTC kee aa. I thought india works with Nokia primarily. I was interested in Nokia N95 but it has a fairly small screen and it costs $500. Fer main sochya iphone he kyon na le leya jaawe...waddi screen te $440. But I hate apple and they are coming out with iPhone version 2 in a month or so.

SehaJ

Troublemaker
I was two thinking of i-phone... but again got a negetive feedback.. which really pissed me off.. thats why i thanked u lol.. i m really confused now.. which one i should get....

dheela

Doctor
iphone de waise main negative feedback taan nahin sunya koi. Bunch of my friends have it and they love it. For the first time in US, a phone is becoming a status symbol. Main waise hi khillaf because of Apple's business practices. I always tell all my students not to buy apple products.

SehaJ

Troublemaker
So what u say... is apple best technology available rite now in mobiles?

This site is really reliable... nd helpful... i always use this.

arpita

Prime VIP
iphone is actually the best phone I have come across, but I also own a samsung blackjack II which I really love

dheela

Doctor
Samsung blackjack does not have wifi either. I hated its reception as well. good thing it was from work so I was able to return it after about 6 months.

dheela

Doctor
I would still say Nokia is the mos reliable but Apple has done some wonderful things. There has to be some reason for Time magzine calling iPhone invention of the year 2007. Have you heard about gphone. I have a heard a lot of things about Android, google phone OS but nothing about their hardware device.

So what u say... is apple best technology available rite now in mobiles?

This site is really reliable... nd helpful... i always use this.

arpita

Prime VIP
Samsung blackjack does not have wifi either. I hated its reception as well. good thing it was from work so I was able to return it after about 6 months.

reception da problem te phone company karke hunda ae ...it's able to connect to internet ...anyway tuhada experience bad si mera good ae ki ho sakda...tuhadi qismat hi kharaab ae :an

:bolt

SehaJ

Troublemaker
Hmm... gonna search over it! But fer ohio gal menu mangvauna pena US tonn.. fer unlocking da chakker :(

dheela

Doctor
lol....do you get internet from wifi or your cellphone provider?

I use At&t, thats the best I can have. USA is terrible mobile technology. It moved to GSM about 3 years ago. Can you believe that.

reception da problem te phone company karke hunda ae ...it's able to connect to internet ...anyway tuhada experience bad si mera good ae ki ho sakda...tuhadi qismat hi kharaab ae :an

:bolt

dheela

Doctor
Unlocking apparantly is very easy now. There are softwares available on EBay that do everything for you in about 10 min. Is it still not available in India?

Hmm... gonna search over it! But fer ohio gal menu mangvauna pena US tonn.. fer unlocking da chakker :(

arpita

Prime VIP
lol....do you get internet from wifi or your cellphone provider?

I use At&t, thats the best I can have. USA is terrible mobile technology. It moved to GSM about 3 years ago. Can you believe that.

aah AT&T gives me internet lolzz.... haanji pata ae...i lived in middle east till 1998 middle east had GSM before USA...came to USA in 1998 we asked for GSM and the companies were like what;s that? :re yea USA is definitely terrible at mobile technology