Top 5 Indian Phones Above Rs.5000

Nokia X 2

The X2 is a lot of things.
It's stuffed with whatever Nokia could muster up. For Rs. 6000, you're getting everything and then a 5 MP camera with LED flash.
As I mentioned earlier, it needs (and I mean needs) Wi-fi and/or 3G.

Samsung Galaxy 5 ( I5503)

The X2 is better specced than the Samsung Galaxy 5 ( I5503), and you can't justify all that with Android.Maybe with Google Mobile and Layar Reality Browser. Still, Samsung ought to keep the Galaxy range classy, not some
2MP camera (that too fixed camera, the gall!) and 90 MB internal memory (bah! even if does go to 16GB)
Rs.10, 200.

Huawei IDEOS

I was very uncertain about the Huawei's IDEOS, even after writing about it. I was also uncertain about featuring it - it's not out - yet. But September ain't over - and Huawei, who had worked with Google for the phone, must be getting eager to hit India.
At 4600 Rupees, the IDEOS will be the cheapest Android phone. As Flora Graham from Cnet UK says,
"The Huawei Ideos has the body of a cheap phone, but the heart and soul of a brilliant Android smart phone…" The only thing not good is the low-res screen, weak camera and the fact that it doesn't hide it's economy-class nature.

HTC Smart

The Smart seeks to be a social phone - and it is. Integrating your people and your social applications seamlessly. There's a good camera (3MP(, a flashlight (which no one on this list has. However, the 320 x 240 resolution is pretty dated.

INQ Chat

Carried over from last month, but we can't find anything reliable enough to replace it. It's a bit expensive - almost as much as the HTC Smart, with similar features. However, the Inq's sense of aesthetic is richer and edgier.​