Street Fighter IV to be released exclusively to upcoming HD

nvkhkhr

Prime VIP
streetfighterIVandroid-1.jpg

This past weekend I visited a video arcade on a boardwalk. In addition to Frogger, The Simpsons, and Atari’s Star Wars arcade game, there was also Street Fighter II. Seeing the game, which was originally released in 1991, brought back childhood memories of my older brother beating me as Ryu or E. Honda time after time. Fifteen years later, I decided to try my SFII skills again at the boardwalk arcade. This time, I left victorious, but I still longed to destroy more opponents with Chun-Li’s signature “Hyakuretsu Kyaku” move where she throws multiple kicks in a blur of power.

Soon Android phone owners will be able to play Street Fighter IV on their devices. Though it’s been available for the iPhone for $9.99 since March of 2010, it won’t be until sometime in Q4 that the game lands on the Android platform. The bad news is that the game will be available exclusively on a soon-to-be-released LG Android phone.

LG and CAPCOM teamed up to offer SFIV on LG’s first HD Android smartphone that we’ve yet to be announced. The game will be exclusive to the phone for three months and then made available to the rest of the Android community after that. This will be the first time any Street Fighter game has been available on the Android platform. LG President and CEO Jong-seok Park said that LG wanted to demonstrate software what would really highlight the HD-capable phone’s benefits and said SFIV would be the perfect thing to do that.

Nearly 30 million Street Fighter games have been sold to date, so it’s possible that hardcore Street Fighter fans may choose to purchase the LG phone to have three extra months of the SFIV gaming experience.

Also, due out in 2012 is the long-awaited Street Fighter X Tekken game.