Samsung officially announces Galaxy S4 mini

JJ

Prime VIP
Samsung has finally unveiled its much-discussed upcoming smartphone – the Galaxy S4 mini. The company has announced that, as expected, it will be a toned-down version of the very powerful Galaxy S4.

The handset has a 4.3-inch Super AMOLED display with a qHD resolution and weighs in at 107 g. Under the hood, it is powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core processor. The smartphone runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box. The S4 mini is equipped with an 8 megapixel shooter on the rear and a 1.9 megapixel camera on the front.

“We appreciate such unprecedented demands for the Galaxy S4 that we aimed to provide users with life companion for a fuller, richer and simpler life. And now, we want to give people more choices with Galaxy S4 mini, similar look and feel of Galaxy S4 for more compact and practical usages ,” said JK Shin, CEO and President of IT & Mobile Communication Division at Samsung Electronics. “The new Galaxy S4 mini provides consumers with a new way to enjoy the flagship GALAXY S4 experience.”

The S4 mini is equipped with many of the same features that are already present in the S4, including Samsung's TouchWiz Nature UX. It also has many pre-installed apps including S Travel, Group Play and ChatOn.

The Galaxy S4 mini will be available in two colours on launch – white and black.

This is the the LTE version of the handset that will run on Qualcomm's Snapdragon 400 chip. There will be three other variants – I9150, I9192 and I9198. The I9150 variant will be the international version. It will run on Samsung's own Exynos 5 chipset. The I9192 will be a dual-SIM variant. The I9198 will be the Chinese variant of the phone. As of yet, however, Samsung hasn't mentioned the other variants.​