Samsung Galaxy S III Announced

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member
The wait is finally over, After all the rumors and speculation, the Samsung Galaxy S3 has officially been revealed.

The S3 is quiet sleek, measuring 8.6mm in thick and weighs 133grams.

Featuring a 4.8′ Super AMOLED HD display with a resolution of 1280×720, 4G connectivity although that will depend on the market it launches on, Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich as its operating system of choice, an 8MP rear-facing camera, a 1.9MP front-facing camera and will be powered by none other than Samsung’s very own 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor with 1GB of RAM alongside it.

While impressive hardware specs are one thing, the features of the phone is another important aspect that helps manufacturers set themselves apart from the competition.

With the Samsung Galaxy S3, it certainly looks like Samsung did not fall short of that.

As mentioned in earlier rumors, the Galaxy S3 will feature eye-tracking that will allow the phone’s display to remain on while you are looking at it. This will be detected via the front-facing camera and will come in handy for those times when you are reading an e-book and the screen turns dark on you halfway.

Samsung has also got the answer to the Apple’s Siri in its latest Galaxy S3. It features a demo of ‘S Voice’ which listens, responds quickly and understands 8 different languages! You can tell S Voice to ‘snooze’ if your alarm goes off and you’re not quite ready to leave bed, you can use it to play your favorite songs, send texts, emails, organize your schedule or, like we mentioned, take photos.

The phone packs a beefier 2,100 milliamp-hour battery (7.7 watt-hour @ 3.7 volts). Also there is wireless charging capability built into the Galaxy S3 as well (requires optional dock), so you need not worry about getting all tangled up in a mess whenever the Galaxy S3 juices up its 2100mAh battery.

The Galaxy S3 will get its connectivity from Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0+HS, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio, TV-out, USB-on-the-go as well as the Near Field Communication (NFC) chip.

Other features include TouchWiz 4.0 UI, DivX/XviD codec support, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, Swype text input, RGB light etc.

The first batch of devices will include either 16GB or 32GB of space, although it has been confirmed a 64GB model will be added soon after.

Price & Availability
The Galaxy S3 will be available from May 29 in Europe, and a 10 city world tour will also begin at the same time.

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
how can u say that ? andriod is worst . i have both galaxy s2 rocket & iphone 4s.
u cant compare samsung with apple
am now using samsung galaxy S3 and am loving every single bit of it

high speed data transfer rate over wifi (WIFI Direct ) oh hang on Apple doesn't transfer videos or files wirelessly they need a WIRE to be plugged in is it.

True no match!

NFC- Near field communication ? you wont need that cuz your phone requires a data cable connnection well our doesn't

S Beam - Data transfer using beam from samsung s3 to s beam enabled devices.. oh sorry again you missed this part.

Smart Stay - if your looking at your phone your phone doesn't turn the screen off.

Third party apps can be downloaded and installed..

for apple.. oh itunes you have to use isnt it :nerd

Apple vs Samsung you can write stories everyone has different views

3 of my mates had apple iphones last year out of 6

and 5 out 6 are now using android. makes sense?

Kunwar :-)

vIgRe sAnT :-)
Similar things can be done if u opt fr a jailbreak...i use both apple n android products...i transfer files to n fro frm android/apple devices not using a bluetooth but using ftp web service(sm wat similar to wifi Direct speedy transfer) ...Old Gen iphones can do this too ;) : +1 for Apple

Also NFC is just not syncing ur fone with pc its more than that(apple doesnt hav dat till nw...bt next iphone wud definitely have it )..wireless sync is available with Old Gen iphones too if u gt no idea abt it ;) : +1 for Apple

SmartStay : +1 fr that :)

3rd partyy apps can be download n installed in iphone(Jailbroken ofcrse) : +1 fr ur S3 ;)

SBeam : no idea abt that..ill tell wen i use it

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
Rooting is similar to your Jailbreak

If your talking about jailbreak and then let me tell you about what you can do with the Rooted phone

Samsung galaxy S ( running ICS 4.0.4) Rooted firmware (my old phone)
You can download anything , you can share anything using bluetooth etc etc

I can Overclock the CPU
I can increase decrease the charge given to the phone
I can calibrate battery
I can control the android startup application
I can set RAM clear option for optimal use
I can add themes / startup screen / Flash new ROM without even connecting it to PC

Sending files to another phone Wirelessly ( not talking about FTP servers ) is the key ! I can send the 200 MB files from One S3 to another in about 2 Minutes.(no FTP needed)

I can send files to another S3 using NFC/WIFI Direct/Bluetooth/S beam

Drop box - 50 GB online storage that I can upload my files directly to and access it on my PC anywhere.

Wireless sync is available in my old Galaxy S and google contacts are the other sync options.

You login to your android phone with google account and it will sync all your telephone contacts and the apps you had on older phone without even connecting to your phone software.

I can always carry a Spare battery
I can always increase the memory of my phone if needed
If my sim registration failed , I can just take it out and put a new one and it will work , unlike Iphones that needs Itunes to run.
I can copy paste music /Videos/Pictures/Apps from my computer and paste it and it works. For iphones you need to get a converted mp4 ones and use Itunes to copy
I can save videos straight off the youtube. I can share youtube links by just tapping my phone to another Samsung s3 and open the same page at the same time.

There is just no end to all this.

No offense to Apple users but I personally like android more than apple

You took me the other way round...

Btw ican too do the same things may be more :)

i too can overclock and do hel lots tweaking with the apple prods..

Just adding the word wireless can do any good...base is still the FTP :) ( i can too transfer 200Mb in 2 mins i don't need an S3 fr that :) )

iCLoud is similar to DropBox yet better :)

N yes i wasnt talkin about syncing contacts to ur phone...but syncin ur fone to pc to transfer other stuff via wifi (i guess every smartfone would be having contacts sync option or may be more ;) )

Spare battery is needed as it gets drained only after an hrs rigorous phone usage ...apple battery utilization is fine bettr than the Droid

Gone r those days when u need converters/mp4 formats...everything runs fine i gues better than droids
2nd gen iphones also can save vids straight from youtube No Big Deal..Ever heard of Bump...just tap in u can get the apps,links images n wat not

Yes you said it right..Just No End to this.

No Offence to Droid users..but Droids dnt get it..That Fruit is Better :)

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
FTP file transfer protocol

and wireless is different thing
don;t see the thing the way you want to see em . see as a whole

Talking about video quality , your iphone still has super lcd compared to S1 even then one had better LED screen

Androids are better , its just because your using apple your saying that.
My brother has an iphone 4 and he is leaning towards S3 and already saying iphones are shyt
just because of limited functionality

battery usage on apple is good ? aaah! what iphone are you using iphone 8 ?

come on man , dnt get biased .

you know that you have to connect to itunes for most of the things (talking about stock firmware) yes or no ?

Okay then i use both a Droid & an iphone...in my personal opinion Apple is way better..i just feels right :) Yes fr the stock firmware u have to get thru itunes fr anything..but fr me custom firmware works fine...

Battery util fr apple might not be the best its way better than droids...which just drain battery wen u r doin nothing :)

I am not getting biased..its just my view point..u like ur Droid,Good fr u..I like my apple..Good for me :)

Peace Out ;)

ลgǝи†.47

Codename 47
Stock is different to custom ROM!
ITs like your having a normal car and I am running my skyline 330 whp

There are ways to stop draining batteries on all the phones , if your having a custom firmware on your phone don't forget Androids have Custom Roms and base bands that restrict the charge , your can limit the battery charge and you can overcharge the battery to its potential limit.