Samsung Galaxy 3 i5801

gsmarena_001-9.jpg

gsmarena_002-5.jpg

The two phones, the I5800 Galaxy 3 and the I5801 Galaxy Apollo, are pretty much identical except for some minor differences in the hardware and the software. We’ll cover those later, but the one big difference is that the I5800 is the global version of phone while the I5801 is exclusive to Orange.

gsmarena_005-2.jpg
gsmarena_006-2.jpg

The Galaxy 3/Apollo is at the low end of Samsung’s Android offerings and it inevitably makes some compromises. But they do at least provide the full smartphone experience with Android 2.1 Eclair and TouchWiz 3.0 running on top of a 667MHz CPU with 256MB RAM.
Wi-Fi b/g/n support and Bluetooth 3.0 actually exceed your expectations and there’s GPS too. Naturally though some things had to be cut for the sake of price – here’s a summary of what the Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3/I5801 Galaxy Apollo have to offer.
Key features

• Quad-band GSM and dual-band 3G support
  • 3.6 Mbps HSDPA support
  • Smart dialing
  • 3.2" 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen of WQVGA (240 x 400 pixel) resolution; multitouch input
  • Android OS v2.1 Eclair
  • TouchWiz 3.0 UI customization (on both, I5801 has Orange UI too)
  • 667MHz CPU; 256MB RAM
  • 3.2MP autofocus camera with face, smile detection and geo-tagging;
  • QVGA@15fps video recording
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n support
  • microUSB port (charging) and stereo Bluetooth v3.0
  • GPS with A-GPS connectivity; Digital compass
  • microSD slot (32GB supported, 1GB in the box)
  • Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
  • DNSe audio enhancement; Stereo FM radio with RDS
  • Accelerometer and proximity sensor
  • 1500 mAh Li-Ion battery
  • Superb audio quality
  • Document editor
  • DivX/XviD support
  • File manager comes preinstalled
  • Swype predictive text input
Main disadvantages

• Display resolution is too low; poor sunlight legibility
  • Editing complex documents is very slow
  • No free GPS navigation solution
  • No Flash support for the web browser
  • Video recording is poor
  • The all-plastic body is a real fingerprint magnet
The screen is a bit of a stretch – WQVGA resolution is low for a 3.2” screen, though the HTC Wildfire had a 3.2” screen with even lower resolution (QVGA). A 3.2MP camera doesn’t sound like much, heck these days even a 5MP camera fails to impress unless it does 720p video recording.

Other than that the Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3/I5801 Galaxy Apollo has a decent set of features that will give it an edge over other lower-end Androids.

On the next page we try to tell the Galaxy twins apart and see if there are any major hardware differences.

Dear Sir/Madum,
I have used Samsung galaxy i5801 from last one uyear now its dispaly not working can tell me tghe pruice of Display.
How can i get this in my City Bhopal OR Nagpur
My cell no 09999356825 plkz sned me maasage or call me regarding this,
THanks & Reagrds
Samarat Maharana