Punjabi font for Xiaomi Redmi 1S & Note 4g (Root)
1. Rooted phone with root permissions enabled in security
2. Root explorer (xplore or es file explorer)
3.Font file (.ttf)
Download Lohit Punjabi font from the attachment and you will have Lohit-Gumukhi.zip file .. Extract the file using rar application. You will now have a Lohit-Gurmukhi.ttf .
2. Download ES file Explorer and from the top left side go in tools and turn on Root Explorer.
3. Mount System as R\W by clicking on Root Explorer so that you can Overwrite/Copy to and fro from System folders.
On Clicking Root Explorer Mount R/W Menu
4. Copy the downloaded Lohit-Gurmukhi.ttf to /system/fonts folder.
5. Change Permissions for Lohit-Gurmukhi.ttf from -rw-rw---- to -rw-r--r-- by just hold Lohit-Gurmukhi.ttf file for 1-2 second and go in properties (in More.. top right bottom
6. Go in /system/etc/fallback-fonts.xml file and open by using ES Note Editor
7. Click on 3 Dots and select Edit
Insert a new XML node at the end for the Punjabi font. Insert it before family node of Droidsansfallback.ttf
The code is:
8. Save and Restart your phone.
(Note: Below steps i.e. Steps 9 onwards are necessary to be performed. Otherwise whatsapp and facebook apps will not display punjabi fonts)
9. On Restart Go to Themes in MIUI and in Category Tab click on components link at the bottom
10. In Components menu click on Fonts:
11. In Fonts download IOS6_V5 and apply the same
12. Done Now you will be able to view punjabi fonts everywhere