Nokia Lumia 520 - short review

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Quality - The build quality is nice though the phone is quite light but in no way flimsy.

Performance - 1 Ghz and 512 Ram is more than ample to run windows 8 smoothly, no sluggishness whatsoever. But heavy games like 'Temple Run 2' won't install.

Screen - The screen is nice and bright, vibrant colors and viewing angles. Would be hard to get a better screen at this price point.

Apps - All the popular apps like Whatsapp, Viber etc. are available on windows phone.

GPS Navigation - Nokia's 'Here Drive and Here Maps' are good but not as thorough as Google maps. If navigation is important to you compare here maps with google maps and check yourself.

HERE - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes - http://maps.google.com/

Camera - There is no front camera, The 5 mp rear camera decent pictures in good light but the absence of flash / led mean that it be too great in low light.

Check the comparison shots with Xperia SL below posts.

Both the pictures are taken in low light, with flash turned off on xperia and all other settings at auto.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Sony Xperia SL
Xperia SL.jpg

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Verdict - My 20k+ Sony Xperia Sl was a disappointment. Battery doesn't last a day, camera was a let down , there are random episodes of freezing, sluggishness and just after a year of releasing the SL the manufacture seems to have dropped the support.

With lumia 520 I wasn't accepting much from a 9k phone but I am pleasantly surprised for what it offers. So If you are looking for a sub 10k phone give a serious consideration to the Lumia 520.

Verdict - My 20k+ Sony Xperia Sl was a disappointment. Battery doesn't last a day, camera was a let down , there are random episodes of freezing, sluggishness and just after a year of releasing the SL the manufacture seems to have dropped the support.

With lumia 520 I wasn't accepting much from a 9k phone but I am pleasantly surprised for what it offers. So If you are looking for a sub 10k phone give a serious consideration to the Lumia 520.

I recently got one and its amazing...... Especially the camera, and the operating Speed...

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member
Yes Nokia Lumia 520 is a great deal ! ;)

as I said already said Companies like MMX,Lava,Karbon,Xolo are launching great products which are better than Samsung,HTC and other brand in Mid-Range ;)

So always check the specs,Brand Value is also important but if you know what you are looking for then you will get a good phone ;)

Yes Nokia Lumia 520 is a great deal ! ;)

as I said already said Companies like MMX,Lava,Karbon,Xolo are launching great products which are better than Samsung,HTC and other brand in Mid-Range ;)

So always check the specs,Brand Value is also important but if you know what you are looking for then you will get a good phone ;)

Ginni,

I would say these cheap brands have cheap phones..........i.e their build quality is not so great since they use cheap plastics and hardware..... its always advisable to go for the Brand which has good after sales service and life.........

Android

Prime VIP
Staff member
I totally agree on this point bro :y yes there quality is not up to the mark specially the phones below 10K are of worse quality but new phones like Xolo Play T1000 use good quality :d