Firefox's mobile browser Fenec has been released for Nokia Maeo and Android. Fennec offers the following features: Add-ons Firefox lovers dig the extensions and add-on aspect of their browser, and Fennec promises to take that onto their mobiles.
Currently, however, you can only add Twitter, a URL typo checker, and a few security programs. Bookmarks
Save and manage your favourite sites.
Maximising Screen Space
Fennec is all about maximising your screen space. Once you start to scroll down a web page, the address bar disappears so you can see more of the page you're viewing.
Fennec: What's Missing
support for reordering tabs and multiple windows.
No support for Firefox (desktop version) extensions on Fennec.
Fennec 2.0 can be installed on many -- but not all -- smartphones running Google's Android operating system, said Mozilla, which posted a list that included the now-discontinued Nexus One; HTC's Desire, Droid Incredible, EVO 4G and Legend and Motorola's Droid 2 and Droid X .
- Much improved panning/scrolling performance
- Improved start-up time
- Revised theme
- Support for running in full screen
- Numerous bug fixes
- Improved painting performance
- Improved UI polish
- Support for touch sensitive directional pad on HTC devices
- Improved kinetic panning with directional locking
- Ability to scroll frames
- Improved zooming support
- Support for multiple screen sizes
- Easy navigation to Web content:
- Smart URL bar ("awesome bar")
- Tabbed browsing with thumbnail images
- Integrated Web search - built into the URL bar
- Easy access to multiple search engines
- Built in error console Support for add-ons Web content:
- Maximize content by auto-hiding controls and URL bar
- Zoom in and out Security:
- Instant Web site ID
- Password manager
- Popup blocker
- Clear private data Devices services integration
- Click on a phone number to initiate a call
- Device location Also
- Searchable download manager
- Preferences pane
- Add-ons manager, including ability to directly find and install add-ons
- Fennec: System requirements
- Windows Mobile device running Windows Mobile Professional 6.0 of greater.
- Get it