iBerry Auxus Nuclea X Review – A True Octa-core Phone

The iBerry Auxus Nuclea X is packed with some of the best hardware elements and what is interesting is that it looks stunning. The price even makes it quite budget friendly than those from the same price segment. Let us now take a quick look at what you get inside the box.
Inside the box

There is this killer iBerry Auxus Nuclea X smartphone that weights around 165 grams. Not that heavy considering the weight of the Moto G which is 20 grams more than the iBerry Auxus Nuclea X. You also get a decent 2800 mAh battery along with a USB cable and wall charger. The box also has a standard 3.5mm headphones . Not to mention, the phone comes up with a 1 year warranty from iBerry and therefore you would find warranty card inside the box as well.
Body

Stunning! The body and build quality is quite stunning. I simply loved the looks of this smartphone. I’m not sure what sort of material has been used in the making of this smartphone but it looks rigid. Talking about the button placements, the volume rocker keys reside on the left edge whereas the power button lies on the middle portion of the right edge. I generally prefer to have the power button in the middle section as it can easily be reached. The volume jack and the USB ports lies on the upper edge while on the back there is this 13 megapixel shooter accompanied by an LED flash. On the front, there is this 8 megapixel camera that can come handy in taking selfies.
Hardware

Moving on to the hardware section of this smartphone, I was literally amazed to see how slick the device was performing on the true octa-core processor. It is clocked at 1.7 GHz and accompanied by Mali 450 MP4 GPU which is once again one of the best GPU available in the market. The 1 GB RAM is enough to keep the device lag free but there are some limitations to the multi-tasking. With this little RAM, you’ll not be able to keep running more than 2-3 apps at the same time. Not a big concern though but it can be useful for those who rely much on the multi-tasking.
The display on the front measures 5 inch HD quality display with 16:9 ratio. While it may not be the full HD display, the 720p HD display is quite remarkable. Additionally, the full lamination OGS technique used in the display makes it thinner than those which are not using it. This also helps you in rendering every tiny bit of the display. Quite a stunning work here too. The floating notification feature is also a great add-on. It gives a quick glance at the notifications without even opening the real app.
Software

The iBerry Auxus Nuclea X is powered by Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean and according to the company’s claims, it will be upgraded to the latest android operating system in the near future. In an earlier review of the Lenovo S860, I mentioned that the Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean is quite an old version of the android especially when Kitkat has been out for a long time. In case of Lenovo S860, company did not promise an update however things are quite different here. The iBerry has mentioned in its banner that the device is upgradable to the latest android operating system via OTA which means that they would release the update in future.
There are bunch of customization carried out by the iBerry on Auxus Nuclea X. They are particularly visible in the icons and notifications panel. Well, at least these customizations are not as heavy as big players like Samsung and HTC and therefore it doesn’t hamper the device performance.
Camera

The iBerry Auxus Nuclea X is equipped with a 13 megapixel camera at the back along with an LED flash. The HDR lens is very helpful in capturing good quality pictures with auto flash and auto focus techniques. The other noticeable features include smile shot, face detection, voice capture and face beauty capture mode. While the quality of the pictures produced is not as high as the ones from the other high-end 13 megapixel shooter camera phones, I was pretty much satisfied with the end results.
The front camera has 8 megapixel lens that can help you in taking selfies. While the lens not as powerful as it should be, it again produced satisfying results.
Battery

This is something that has been the topic of concern for many android users. However, the iBerry Auxus Nuclea X was able to give a full day battery backup with moderate use of some 1-2 hours of browsing, half an hour of call and constant use of 2G. It might just give a few extra hours if you can limit your internet usage and game playing.
Everything else

The phone has a standard set of connectivity options such as dual SIM mode, WiFi, 3G HSPA+for one of the SIM and 2G for another SIM. It also has a Bluetooth connectivity and GPS. While it may not have the NFC, I don’t think that it is a necessary element in markets like India. I mean I’ve been using Nexus 5 for more than 2 months and not even once I’ve used NFC.
The device comes up with an 8 GB of inbuilt storage and micro SD card slot which can be used to expand the memory up to 64 GB.
Comparison chart

Let us compare this device with the others from the same price range. Check out the table below.

Auxus Nuclea X Moto G Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 Display 5 inch 720p 4.5 inch 720p 5 inch 1080p Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (upgradable) 4.4.2 Kitkat 4.2.1 Jelly Bean Internal Memory 8 GB (Expandable up to 64GB) 8/16 GB 1 GB for apps, 12 GB for user data Camera 13 MP/8 MP 5 MP/1.3MP 13 MP/5 MP Battery 2800 mAh 2070 mAh 2000 mAh Price Rs 12990* Rs 13999 Rs 14999 * Offer details – The company has recently released this smartphone in India and as an introductory offer they have priced it at Rs 12990 for the first 10 days. After this, the price will be back to the Rs 14990.
Final verdict

While it is hard to trust on the companies like iBerry, they have exceeded my expectations when it comes to this device. People generally never trusted Micromax in the initial days but see how they are doing today in the Indian market. I believe that the iBerry has similar potentials and the device reflects those potentials.