Can anyone tell me how to install games on Samsung Corby Pro

I have tried installing games using the .jar and .jad files...
But it says unsupported file format...
then tried connecting to the phone through its COM port using Tk file explorer but tht didnt work :(
even tried putting a HTML file in the same folder linking to install the .jar file but even tht didnt work out...
Why is samsung doing this to US!! :(

Re: Can anyone tell me how to install games on Samsung Corby

bro i dont kno much about corby but..... try putting both file.... *.jar and *.jad using a file man into main system jar file folder...

myziddu

INSTALL GAMES/APPLICATIONS in YOUR CORBY PRO !!!
Hi ALL Corby Pro owners, here is the tried and tested method to install games and applications much easier then what VENU has suggested.
Requirements: LAPTOP/PC with wifi support
First of all please set the default storage to memory card for WAP Downloads in your corby pro.
1. Get all the jar files, mp3, mp4, flash objects etc and store it in a directory on your laptop/PC which you want to download to your corby pro
2. Make that directory a Virual directory in Personal Web server of IIS in XP.
3. GO to IIS - Default Web Site - Properties - HTTP headers - MIME File Types
4. Add the following 2 new file types so that your PC/LAPTOP becomes a WAP GATEWAY !!!
a. Associated Extension: .jad, Content Type: text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor
b. Associated Extension: .jar, Content Type: application/java-archive

5. Get the JADMAKER.exe available freely on internet.
6. Use jadmaker to get jad file out of the jar files.
7. put both jad and jar in the same directory which is virtual directory in personal web server of IIS.
8. Assign IP address 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 to your laptop/pc wifi card
9. Assign IP address 192.168.0.2 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 to your Corby Pro

10. Point the corby pro browser to 192.168.0.1/corby, where corby is the virtual directory configured in IIS pointing to actual directory.
11. You will get the list of files on your corby pro browser, select the jad file of the game/application and see the message you are getting , Go Ahead !!!

Now you can download the contents from your laptop or pc exactly in the same way as if you are downloading it from mobile operators without paying the network charges.
ENJOY !!!

open m.getjar.com in your mobile browser, search jar file u like to install and it will save it in other files autimatically. then u can execute it.

this works on corby plus, so it should work on pro too.